Jukebox

Monday, March 1, 2010

Shut Up


I realized how much I loved those two words the other day because some people… really just need to shut it. Warning: Personal Rant on board.

You sexy disaster you … When a guy I know snidely asked me if I donated any money to Haiti… I should have told him to shut up. In terms of societal usefulness, he is about as contributive as the mole on the back of my neck. But because he has decided to become a bandwagon altruist, he of course decided to completely ignore the fact that I've been a volunteer for years, not just during disasters, but also for non-sexy causes like helping the elderly and shit like that. I guess it's not important to help the 90-year old woman who is lonely and struggling unless a tsunami hits her house… And I by NO MEANS want to downplay the importance of helping people during times of disaster… it is a MUST. I have plenty of friends and family who genuinely support the cause out of the goodness of their hearts. But I also know a lot of people who do it as a form of competitive do-goodery (yeah, I just made that up). And they suck. The guy I referred to earlier simply wanted to segue into a spiel about his own contributions… and this is a person I have known to not give his friends a ride home if they needed one. You're a jerk face… shut up.

I know big words… Okay, so most of my friends and associates are well-read, learned individuals who could probably throw a lot of big words at you just for the hell of it. And they can do it without flipping through Roget's because they are well-read individuals, so their vocabulary is pretty expansive. Which is great. I love a smart mouth J However… on the flip-side, I know some people who feel like the bigger words they throw at you… the smarter it makes them seem. Whether they know what the hell they are talking about or not. I need people to at least know a loose definition of the words they are using before using them in a sentence when we're having a conversation. Stop inserting words into sentences that make no sense whatsoever so you can appear impressive. Shut up.

When things crash for a reason… so, some things are bound to fail. Whether it's because a part doesn't work the way it's supposed to, there wasn't enough testing done before you went full speed ahead… whatever, some shit just don't work. Sometimes you can fix it, sometimes you should just dump the whole thing in a landfill or let it be compacted into a cube of trash. So, when a relationship/friendship/partnership fails… a lot of the time, it's actually a good thing. Learning experience blah blah blah. What sucks is when one person wants to rehash the past in an effort to make themselves feel better about whatever bullshit they perpetrated. I have had ex-friends, ex-lovers, who want to do this… shut up. It's over. Leave the past in the past and get your life together. If you are not happy with where you are, it's probably because you didn't learn anything from the experience and are still trying to justify your behavior. Get over yourself and just… shut up.

And since I'm done, I'll take my own advice…



Don't make me send you back to Crenshaw Pete...

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE this post!!!! I wish that everyone in the world could read this at least once, LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I need everyone to see this Euphoria clip... I'm recording the audio to my phone and playing it everytime someone needs so shut it... And Puddle, I'm definitely sending you to Crenshaw Pete. LMAO!

    ReplyDelete